Hoarseness and Trusting

12/27/2020

I’ve developed a harsh hoarseness that’s a bit frustrating. Two of my meds list hoarseness as one of the many possible side effects, so I suspect one of those is the culprit.

It’s interesting to me that my oxygen saturation is consistently in the low- to mid-90’s (that’s an acceptable range) but my breathing is much deeper and maybe faster than normal. Maybe that’s what my body is forcing me to do in order to keep my hemoglobin saturated with oxygen, but it wears me out. I never realized that breathing could be a tiring experience.

A verse that’s been on my mind for several days now is Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Where to draw that line between trusting God and trusting our own research and intuitions for decisions related to medical care is an interesting exercise. There’s nothing wrong with researching all we can about lung cancer and treatment options, including both medical and natural options, but we want God to be at the center of all of our decisions during this adventure.

Tomorrow I go in for my first radiation treatment. I’m hoping the radiation treatments will shrink the tumor enough to make it easier to breathe, but of course that won’t happen immediately. I’ll just have to be patient.

Comments

  1. Oh Ken, I'm so sorry to hear about this!! Praying for you buddy!! Your third paragraph is very wise and healthy and true. HE is always there and will never leave your side. Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. oral b pro health precision clean battery toothbrush
    Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post. university of pittsburgh graduate school of public health
    This is an awesome article a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this useful data. I will visit your web journal consistently for some most recent post. jackson hinds comprehensive health center jackson ms
    This is really very impressive guide of valve selection which can be very helpful for many industry people. Thanks for sharing this valve selection tips. new york health & racquet club new york ny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife