Disturbing scan reports

It’s been 18 days since my last post, and my how things have changed in those 18 days! The pain in my right upper chest got a lot worse, and I developed a headache that has continued to escalate. Those symptoms led to my getting a bone scan two days ago and a CT scan yesterday.

I haven’t had a chance to see a doctor yet about those two scans, but I have the reports and they are disturbing. The lesion in my right rib, which once was “tiny,” is now a mass measuring 2.0 x 2.5 inches. My strong hunch is that that’s what’s causing my chest pain. There are also metastatic nodules throughout both lungs and my liver.

The headaches are pretty bad. Tylenol Arthritis doesn’t affect them.

I see my oncologist Tuesday. She’ll review all the scans and, if necessary, formulate a new treatment plan. Then I’ll get a brain MRI Wednesday and see several other doctors over the next week.

I’ll post another update next weekend after I’ve gotten recommendations from all those doctors. In the meantime, I’d really appreciate your prayers for both Joanie and me because we’re both really struggling over this.

Finally, as you enjoy this 3-day weekend don’t forget to reflect on the reason for the weekend. We as a nation have been blessed by those many men and women who gave life and limb so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have today! They and their loved ones deserve our honor and respect.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife