Upcoming appointments and a haircut

There’s nothing too exciting to report on here, but I thought I’d let you know of a couple appointments coming up that I’m looking forward to.

This Monday evening I’m getting another brain MRI. You may recall that I had a brain MRI right before my Gamma Knife procedure on January 22nd and then another on February 22nd, and a comparison of those two MRIs showed that the metastatic lesion in my brain had shrunk significantly, from 9mm to 6mm. The MRI this coming Monday will be compared with the February 22nd MRI to determine if that lesion is continuing to shrink, staying unchanged, or growing. I don’t know when I’ll get the result, but I’ll update this blog when I do.

The second upcoming appointment is with my oncologist on April 20th. She’ll either want me to continue a few more chemo treatments, or temporarily discontinue chemo but continue with the immunotherapy, or she may come up with some other treatment plan. I’m hoping of course that she’ll temporarily discontinue the chemo treatments because I really need to recover from the disabling fatigue that the chemo causes. But I know she’ll recommend whatever is best for me in the long run.

My last chemo treatment was on March 30th and in the 12 days since then the only side effects I’ve noticed have been fatigue and itching. The fatigue started the day after the chemo, got worse over the next three or four days until I could barely function, and then started gradually subsiding. I still take at least two or three naps a day and get really tired in the evening but compared with chemo side effects many people suffer from, this is nothing to complain about.

The itching is caused not by the two chemo drugs but by the immunotherapy drug. They gave me a shot right after the last immunotherapy treatment that was supposed to prevent itching. It worked really well. I had some itching in both lower legs the evening after that treatment, but hydrocortisone ointment fixed that. There’s been no itching since then.

On perhaps a more interesting note, I got my first haircut today since losing most of my hair after my first chemo treatment. No, my hair hasn’t start growing back (it won’t until a few weeks after my last chemo treatment) but I had a lot of stray hairs sticking up all over the top of my head that gave me an unkempt look. So Joanie took me into our back yard and using a pair of scissors and the trimmer attachment from my electric shaver, gave me her very first haircut. She did a great job; it looks much better now.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to always take mutum (pills) so I did not pee on my pants because I got so weak in my hands and legs as a result of the symptoms of this ALS disease. I depended on Walker to move a step after minutes of struggles with every step and moves. I also couldn't pick up a glass of water or anything that has weight because my hands were also weakened and twitching. I always felt sad and depressed with this disease because the doctor told us there is no cure and despite all efforts we made to help me improve I never got any better, I took riluzole to help me slow deterioration,he had to recommend a depression pill for me to always take when I'm sad. I never imagined in my life that I could get any better and have this disease totally reversed with natural herbs. We got introduced to Doctor Okolo which has helped so many other people with this disease too but it got me skeptical at a point but still ordered his medicine. I was given instructions to use the medicine and within a few weeks on this medicine I could already feel back strength in my muscles, all twitching and vibrations in my body stopped completely and after a time I could walk without a Walker, all the symptoms completely started reversing gradually. I am completely strong now and I've only been on this herb for three weeks. I will recommend this herbal solution to you if you have or know anyone who struggles with this disease because it's very very effective. Contact DR Okolo on drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com  HIV/AIDS HERPES CANCER DIABETES Alzheimer NPH MND ETC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m giving a testimony about Dr. KOKOBI, the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  breast cancer, though II went through different websites and I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalists. I was like: ‘Many people have the breast cancer remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of it, then I decided to contact kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it(CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for a check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was tested for breast cancer negative, if you are a breast cancer patient or any cancer patient at all. Do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com You can also message him on WhatsApp +254746618873 you can also call him via +2348114448587 website:https://kokobiherbalremedycentre.weebly.com  email me for more info @ juliethilton80@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest with doctor Twaha herbal medicine you are free from herpes virus disease we bless god almighty for sending Dr. Twaha Herbal Home to the world to help people cure this disease am so happy to found a good man like this God keep blessing you for me if you also need help from this good man kindly WhatsApp him via +2349038518881 or email him drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife