Gamma Knife results

Yikes – it’s been almost three weeks since my last blog entry. Not much has happened in those three weeks. I wrote the last entry the day after my second chemo treatment, and there have been almost no issues those whole three weeks.

The only issue worth commenting on has been fatigue. There are days when I feel great and have no desire to take a nap all day. Then there are days when I need to take a nap after just taking a shower and brushing my teeth. It’s kind of crazy because there’s no way to predict when the fatigue is going to hit.

My third chemo treatment was scheduled for tomorrow, but it got moved to March 9 when my second COVID vaccination shot got scheduled for tomorrow.

The main thing I wanted to let you all know about is that I got the results of the January 22nd Gamma Knife procedure. You may recall that one of the things the early scans revealed was a metastatic lesion in my brain. The Gamma Knife procedure used radiation to attack that lesion. Last Monday (February 22nd) I had an MRI of my brain that they compared with the MRI from before the Gamma Knife procedure. The comparison showed that the lesion shrunk from 9mm to 6mm. The doctor explained that that was exactly what was supposed to happen. As long as the lesion shrinks or remains unchanged, there’s no need for concern. They’ll do periodic brain MRIs in the future to hopefully confirm the lesion doesn’t start growing.

Many of you have told me that you’ve been praying for this whole cancer journey I’m on, and I want to sincerely thank you for those prayers! God isn’t a vending machine; we can’t just pray for healing and expect that prayer to be answered in our way and in our time. But God wants us to pray and he hears our prayers. If you’re interested in prayer, I’d encourage you to read Prayer: The Ultimate Conversation by Charles Stanley. My two sisters and my brother and I are doing a chapter-by-chapter study of it, and it’s made a big impact on me.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog. university of memphis school of public health

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife