Losing some hair

I keep thinking I should post another blog entry but there’s not been much to write about since the last post, so this will be short.

The debilitating fatigue from the radiation treatments that ended 17 days ago has subsided to where it’s not much of a problem anymore. I can’t be as active as I’d like and I take a nap or two every day, but I’m usually able to function pretty well both physically and mentally. And the issues from the Gamma Knife procedure have resolved themselves.

Probably the most interesting thing that’s happened lately is that on Day 11 following my first chemo treatment, I started losing some hair. By now, on Day 16, there’s almost none left. For a few days I was losing handfuls of hair in every shower. This morning I lost almost none, so perhaps I won’t lose it all.

Here are two pictures. The first was taken on Monday. The second was taken today, three days later.




My chemo treatments are scheduled every three weeks with the next one scheduled for next Tuesday, the 9th. The third chemo will on March 2nd. Then they’ll do another CT scan to see how effective those three chemo treatments were. If they’ve been effective, they’ll have me continue with chemo. If they have not been effective, they’ll devise another treatment plan.

That’s all I can think of for now. I’ll probably post again next week after my second chemo treatment.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife