Another second opinion

I saw another oncologist this afternoon for another second opinion. This oncologist is the doctor treating Joanie for breast cancer. The biopsy report she saw stated that there wasn’t enough tissue in the biopsy sample to get a good diagnosis. The biopsy report couldn’t even conclude the “site of origin” of the cancer. She’s going to talk directly with the pathologist to try to get to the bottom of what’s going on.

She agrees I should continue radiation treatments on my lung to shrink the tumor. But without a conclusive diagnosis, it’s futile to develop a treatment plan. The exception is the metastatic lesion in my brain; she wants to plan for and do Stereotaxic Radiosurgery ASAP.

In the meantime, I’ve been hit hard with fatigue from the radiation treatments. It’s the kind of fatigue that leaves me so wiped out I’m barely able to function physically or mentally after even just taking a shower.

One source of great comfort is Bible reading. Not the systematic Bible reading I normally try to do daily, but just opening to a book in my Bible and reading the passages I’ve highlighted or underlined over the 40 years I’ve had this particular Bible. For example, this morning I read 2 Corinthians 1:3-4: “Praise be to … the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” I have no idea when I highlighted those verses, but it had to have been many, many years ago. Yet this morning it was a source of great comfort.

Comments

  1. Ken, I am thankful for you and your testimony of God’s faithfulness during such hard and difficult circumstances. I love His Word and I am especially glad that you have such a strong foundation (Isaiah 33:6). I am praying for you and hoping that you’ll be able to breathe better soon.🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife