Encouraging news

I’ve got two “good news” things to report on. One is the result of my brain MRI from April 12. The other is the result of my visit with my oncologist this morning.

The brain MRI showed that my brain lesion has continued to shrink, this time from 6 mm to 5 mm. Of course, that’s very good news. I’ll continue to get periodic brain MRIs and as long as the lesion continues to shrink or remains unchanged, all is well from the neck up.

During my visit with my oncologist this morning, she confirmed that my progress has reached the point where I can discontinue chemo, probably permanently, but continue immunotherapy infusions every 3 weeks for the next 2 years. That’s fantastic news! I should start experiencing less fatigue in about 3 weeks and that should continue for about 6 months. My hair should start growing back in 4-6 weeks. And the time spent at the infusion center every three weeks will go from 6 hours to 2 hours.

In other news – I’ve been having issues lately with not being able to urinate because of a contracture at the place where the top of my urethra joins the bottom of my bladder. So tomorrow (Wednesday) morning my urologist is going to use a cystoscope with a laser to make some small incisions in the contracture to open it up. I’m really looking forward to the good result of that procedure but getting to the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Joanie and I are thanking God for these encouraging results, as well as for those of you who have been praying.


Comments

  1. Ken... it's great to hear that you are seeing such encouraging results. I look forward to singing with you again soon. I hope Dr. I.P. Freehly did a good job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lung Cancer

Chemo and Gamma Knife